I always get fascinated by random facts! About anything really.
Isn’t it kind of fun when you can randomly state a fact that not many know about? “Did you know…..?”–kind of questions. Well I’ve gathered a few (I didn’t write them) that I like and wanted to pass them on! Enjoy and Share =)
Fun Fitness Nutrition Facts!
- Walking at a fast pace burns almost as many calories as jogging for the same distance.
- The word ‘gymnasium’ comes from the Greek word “gymnazein”, which literally means “to exercise naked.”
- Men who workout with a female partner are shown to lift heavier weights and get better results.
- There are over 640 muscles in your body.
- You should always breathe correctly when exercising. It is said that underwater swimming is the only time you should hold your breath during physical activity.
- Since your brain is distracted by what you are hearing when you listen to music, you don’t concentrate on what you are lifting. This causes you to lift more weight.
- You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
- The average American adult drinks 500 cans of soda every year.
- Over 1/3 of adults and 12.5 million children and teens in the United States are considered obese.
- In 2007, heart disease was the leading cause of death in the United States.
- Examples of iron rich foods are red meat, fish, chick peas, tofu, beans and lentils.
- There is the same amount of sugar in a McDonald’s fruit smoothie as in four Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- 8 foods you should consume on an everyday basis: yogurt, red tomatoes, walnuts, spinach, oats, carrots, blueberries, and black beans.
- On average, it only takes three years after one quits smoking to have their chance of having a heart attack the same as someone who has never smoked before in their lifetime.
I have also become a HUGE advocate for coconut oil! It’s amazing all the things it can be used for! A friend introduced this site to me with 101 uses for coconut oil! Who would have thought that there are so many uses! Really it’s incredible =) I actually have a friend who’s dog got a big gash on its nose and wouldn’t stop bleeding. After 3 days of applying coconut oil to the infected area it was gone! And scar-free! Amazing benefits! Please check out this website for all the facts and ideas! www.wellnessmama.com/5734/101-uses-for-coconut-oil/
I’d love to hear some of your favorite random facts! And start implementing these into your life today.
Have a wonderful day, and don’t forget to be grateful for something new today! Happy November!
Dream, Inspire, Live